Magnify Digital is a Vancouver-based firm specializing in building and measuring audiences for TV, film and web media. We are looking for a Senior / Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join our small but growing team. The office is located in Vancouver, BC, but remote employees in Canada will be considered.
Excellent interpersonal skills particularly over remote channels such as Slack and Zoom are essential. Analytic ability and attention to detail are very important in this role. Say “I’m not a robot” in your cover letter if you agree.
We have fully embraced DevOps and you will be involved in all lifecycle stages from requirements and design through coding, deployment, and support.
Our front-end is built on React/Redux, TypeScript, and a heavy usage of higher order functions. Our back end includes Node, Sequelize, MariaDB running in AWS. An architecture refresh to bring in DynamoDB and Lambda is underway. A strong emphasis is placed on code quality. ESLint, unit and integration tests, and CI are in place with strict compliance. CD is in process.
- Work with product manager and development team to design and implement new features
- Create and update software design and architecture documents, ensure implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented
- Have a DevOps mindset; work within and contribute improvements towards our end-to-end testing and CI/CD pipeline.
Show us you have any five of these, we will get you up to speed on the other two.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals, data structures, and time complexity
- 5+ years of previous programming experience with proven experience developing scalable cloud solutions
- Experience developing modern B2B SaaS applications with TypeScript/React/Redux
- Experience with NodeJS and Express
- Relational database design and use, via both ORMs and direct SQL
- Experience developing B2B integrations using OAuth and 3rd party JSON APIs
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3) administration skills
- Big Data experience with DynamoDB, Cassandra, or equivalent
- Analytics and visualization
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note, due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are 100% remote during the pandemic, with the option to remain remote thereafter.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Experience: Software development: 5 years (Preferred)
Work remotely: Yes
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings