Senior Full Stack Developer (Node.JS)
Magnify Digital is a Vancouver-based firm specializing in building and measuring audiences for TV, film and web media. We are looking for a Senior / Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join our small but growing team. The office is located in Vancouver, BC, but remote employees in Canada will be considered.
Excellent interpersonal skills particularly over remote channels such as Slack and Zoom are essential. Analytic ability and attention to detail are very important in this role. Say “I’m not a robot” in your cover letter if you agree.
We have fully embraced DevOps and you will be involved in all lifecycle stages from requirements and design through coding, deployment, and support.
Our front-end is built on React/Redux, TypeScript, and a heavy usage of higher order functions. Our back end includes Node, Sequelize, MariaDB running in AWS. An architecture refresh to bring in DynamoDB and Lambda is underway. A strong emphasis is placed on code quality. ESLint, unit and integration tests, and CI are in place with strict compliance. CD is in process.
- Work with product manager and development team to design and implement new features
- Create and update software design and architecture documents, ensure implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented
- Have a DevOps mindset; work within and contribute improvements towards our end-to-end testing and CI/CD pipeline.
Show us you have any five of these, we will get you up to speed on the other two.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals, data structures, and time complexity
- 5+ years of previous programming experience with proven experience developing scalable cloud solutions
- Experience developing modern B2B SaaS applications with TypeScript/React/Redux
- Experience with NodeJS and Express
- Relational database design and use, via both ORMs and direct SQL
- Experience developing B2B integrations using OAuth and 3rd party JSON APIs
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3) administration skills
- Big Data experience with DynamoDB, Cassandra, or equivalent
- Analytics and visualization
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note, due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are 100% remote during the pandemic, with the option to remain remote thereafter.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Experience: Software development: 5 years (Preferred)
Work remotely: Yes
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Digital Marketing Strategist
Magnify Digital is growing… again!
Are you a superbly skilled digital marketing strategist? Have you achieved demonstrable success developing and implementing online strategies that drive measurable results for clients? Are you looking to join a vibrant and growing team with loads of opportunities for advancement? If so, read on!
Based in Vancouver, Canada and serving clients around the world, Magnify Digital is a small but mighty agency specializing in digital marketing strategy, training and software for the creative industries, real estate and travel-tourism sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Strategist who has both sides of their brain firing – a big thinker proficient in managing the details.
The right fit is everything. We want someone who is passionate about digital marketing, working on a small team, and delivering big value. We are looking for someone with not good, but GREAT writing and communication skills.
The successful candidate must be an expert in established and emerging digital marketing tactics including but not limited to social media, influencer marketing, SEM, SEO, Google Analytics, email campaigns, and skilled in extracting and analyzing data. Our next co-worker will also be proficient in time management, critical thinking, and presenting to clients. Did we mention — strong writing skills are a must?
The right person for this position is equally comfortable brainstorming innovative marketing ideas, analyzing deep data, inspiring teammates, leading presentations, and answering tough questions.
Your digital marketing superpowers will be rewarded with competitive compensation, benefits, the potential for travel … and unlimited cuddles from Benny, our small office dog.
The Role …
- surfacing meaningful research and analytics about target markets
- analyzing industry trends, target market and competitor data, and shaping actionable insights
- designing comprehensive, innovative, and measurable online marketing strategies
- implementing, managing, and optimizing multi-platform campaigns
- keeping up-to-date with relevant trends, platforms and technologies
- developing courses and presentations to teach digital marketing theory and tactics
- leading workshops and client presentations
- thinking outside the box and taking the initiative to grow the Magnify brand
Absolute MUST haves . . .
- minimum 3 years professional experience as a digital strategist, ideally at an agency or brand (if your experience is limited to social media, respectfully, this job is not a fit)
- experience gathering/analyzing data and building polished reports
- demonstrable success building/delivering/optimizing online strategies (we want to see your reports, case studies, awards, certifications, kudos from clients)
- a strong background in content marketing, mobile, search and paid promotions
- excellent writing and presentation skills
Awesome to haves …
- experience in, and a passion for film and television and/or tourism
- success as a trainer or in public speaking
- journalism or professional writing experience
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us a link to your best writing sample and tell us why you think it’s your best.
Please note, due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Magnify Digital is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
Think you’d be a good fit for our team? Send your resume to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch!