Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
Are you a superbly skilled digital marketing strategist? Have you achieved demonstrable success developing and implementing online strategies that drive measurable results for clients? Are you looking to join a vibrant and growing team with loads of opportunities for advancement? If so, read on!
Based in Vancouver, Magnify Digital is Canada’s most innovative audience development agency. We are a small but mighty team specializing in digital marketing strategy, training and software for the creative industries and travel-tourism sector.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Strategist who has both sides of their brain firing – a big thinker proficient in managing the details.
The right fit is everything. We want someone who is passionate about digital marketing, working on a growing team, and delivering big value. We are looking for someone with not good, but GREAT writing and communication skills and demonstrable success creating world-class strategies.
The successful candidate must be an expert in established and emerging digital marketing tactics, including but not limited to social media, SEM, SEO, Google Analytics, email campaigns, and skilled in extracting and analyzing data. Our next co-worker will also be proficient in time management, critical thinking, and presenting to clients. Did we mention — strong writing skills are a must?
The right person for this position is equally comfortable brainstorming innovative marketing ideas, analyzing deep data, inspiring teammates, leading presentations, and answering tough questions.
Your digital marketing superpowers will be rewarded with competitive compensation, a flexible work schedule, the potential for travel … and unlimited cuddles from Benny, our small office dog (if you happen to be in Vancouver).
The Role …
- surfacing meaningful research and analytics about target markets
- analyzing industry trends, target market and competitor data, and shaping actionable insights
- designing comprehensive, innovative, and measurable online marketing strategies
- implementing, managing, and optimizing multi-platform campaigns
- keeping up-to-date with relevant trends, platforms and technologies
- developing courses and presentations to teach digital marketing theory and tactics
- leading workshops and client presentations
- thinking outside the box and taking the initiative to grow the Magnify brand
Absolute MUST haves . . .
- minimum 3 years of professional experience as a digital strategist, ideally at an agency or brand (if your experience is limited to social media, respectfully, this job is not a fit)
- excellent writing and presentation skills
- experience gathering/analyzing data and building polished reports
- demonstrable success building/delivering/optimizing online strategies (we want to see your reports, case studies, awards, certifications, kudos from clients)
- a strong background in content marketing, search and paid promotions
- bilingualism (English, French) is an asset
Awesome to haves …
- experience in, and a passion for, film and television and/or tourism
- success as a trainer or in public speaking
- journalism or professional writing experience
What’s in it for you?
In addition to competitive compensation and flexible benefits (and those cuddles from Benny), you will become part of a very special corporate culture. The Magnify team is tight knit and supportive. We care about our work … and each other. We kick back at regularly occurring social events (online during COVID) and laughter is built into our corporate DNA.
The team is united by a shared standard of excellence and decency. We know what we stand for and the values we champion. These stated principles (passion, integrity, collaboration, leadership, solution mindset, curiosity, results orientation, innovation, effective communication, commitment to advancing JEDDI – justice, equity, decolonization, diversity, inclusion) figure prominently in our hiring process, choice of clients, and operating practices.
We encourage and prioritize applications from members of groups that are historically, persistently, and systemically marginalized including: Black, Indigenous, and people who are racialized; people identifying as LGBTQ2AI+ and/or non-binary; people living with visible and invisible disabilities; and members of other equity deserving groups.
Preference will be given to candidates who are living in or are willing to relocate to one of our primary locations, Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Full-time preferred. Contract considered.
- From $60,000.00 per year
- Remote work
- Monday to Friday
Think you’d be a good fit for our team? Send your resume to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!