Digital Marketing Strategist
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Magnify Digital is a boutique digital agency specializing in digital marketing strategy and training for the creative industries and travel-tourism sector.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist who is superbly skilled at researching, planning, activating and measuring robust digital marketing strategies. The right fit is everything – we want someone who is tuned in when it comes to the existing and emerging tools and tactics of digital strategy, and turned on by the thought of joining a mature start up facing exponential growth.
The successful candidate must be expert in established and emerging digital marketing tactics including but not limited to social media, extracting and analyzing data, SEM, SEO, Google Analytics, email campaigns, SMS, and strategy. Our new teammate will be proficient managing multiple clients, juggling simultaneous campaigns, hitting deadlines, and delivering handily on client needs. The ability to play nicely on a team is essential.
The right person for this position is equally comfortable brainstorming innovative marketing ideas, generating content to fuel savvy digital plans, analyzing deep data, and playing nicely with coworkers.
If you are a hard-working, fast and motivated learner, with excellent written and oral communication skills, a GREAT attitude, and excited to work in a demanding environment with a wide range of interesting files … read on!
The Role …
The strategist position involves
- leveraging research, analytics and insights to understand target market interests and online behaviour
- analyzing competitors and relevant trends, platforms and technology
- surfacing and providing deep analysis of target market data
- designing comprehensive, innovative, and measurable online marketing strategies
- writing and publishing content to social media, websites, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- discovering and championing emerging tools, trends, best practices
Absolute MUST haves . . .
- minimum 3 years professional experience as a digital strategist, ideally in an agency environment, and proven success imaging and activating online marketing strategies (if your experience is limited to social media, respectfully, this job is not a fit)
- excellent organizational skills
- strong communication skills
- strong attention to detail and deadlines
- excellent writing skills, a must!
A degree or demonstrable achievements in media or tourism are desirable.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to competitive compensation and flexible benefits, you will become part of a very special corporate culture. The Magnify team is tight knit and supportive. We care about our work … and each other. We kick back at regularly occuring social events (online during COVID) and laughter is built into our corporate DNA.
The team is united by a shared standard of excellence and decency. We know what we stand for and the values we champion. These stated principles (passion, integrity, collaboration, leadership, solution mindset, curiousity, results orientation, innovation, effective communication, commitment to advancing JEDDI – justice, equity, decolonization, diversity, inclusion) figure prominently in our hiring process, choice of clients, and operating practices.
We encourage and prioritize applications from members of groups that are historically, persistently, and systemically marginalized including: Black, Indigenous, and people who are racialized; people identifying as LGBTQ2AI+ and/or non-binary; people living with visible and invisible disabilities; and members of other equity deserving groups.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, reply to this post with your cover letter and resume. Please note, due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Senior Full Stack Developer (Node.JS)
Magnify Digital is a Vancouver-based firm specializing in building and measuring audiences for TV, film and web media. We are looking for a Senior / Intermediate Full Stack Developer to join our small but growing team. The office is located in Vancouver, BC, but remote employees in Canada will be considered.
Excellent interpersonal skills particularly over remote channels such as Slack and Zoom are essential. Analytic ability and attention to detail are very important in this role. Say “I’m not a robot” in your cover letter if you agree.
We have fully embraced DevOps and you will be involved in all lifecycle stages from requirements and design through coding, deployment, and support.
Our front-end is built on React/Redux, TypeScript, and a heavy usage of higher order functions. Our back end includes Node, Sequelize, MariaDB running in AWS. An architecture refresh to bring in DynamoDB and Lambda is underway. A strong emphasis is placed on code quality. ESLint, unit and integration tests, and CI are in place with strict compliance. CD is in process.
- Work with product manager and development team to design and implement new features
- Create and update software design and architecture documents, ensure implementation details and source code are sufficiently documented
- Have a DevOps mindset; work within and contribute improvements towards our end-to-end testing and CI/CD pipeline.
Show us you have any five of these, we will get you up to speed on the other two.
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals, data structures, and time complexity
- 5+ years of previous programming experience with proven experience developing scalable cloud solutions
- Experience developing modern B2B SaaS applications with TypeScript/React/Redux
- Experience with NodeJS and Express
- Relational database design and use, via both ORMs and direct SQL
- Experience developing B2B integrations using OAuth and 3rd party JSON APIs
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3) administration skills
- Big Data experience with DynamoDB, Cassandra, or equivalent
- Analytics and visualization
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: We are 100% remote during the pandemic, with the option to remain remote thereafter.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Experience: Software development: 5 years (Preferred)
Work remotely: Yes
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Think you’d be a good fit for our team? Send your resume to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch!