FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Discoverability in Canadian Screen Media Funding is a national workshop series that will brief senior executives on discoverability issues facing the industry and equip industry professionals with best practices for writing winning audience development strategies.
VANCOUVER, OCTOBER 9, 2018 — Magnify Digital in partnership with Canada Media Fund (CMF-FMC), Bell Fund, Shaw Rocket Fund, CFC Media Lab, Independent Production Fund (IPF), Creative BC, Association quebecoise de la production mediatique (AQPM), Alliance des producteurs francophones du Canada (APFC) and the Canadian Media Producers Association BC (CMPA-BC) are proud to announce a new national tour: Discoverability in Canadian Screen Media Funding.
The workshop series, the first of its kind, will offer key industry insights on the topic of discoverability to audiences in six cities across Canada.
In each city, the tour will deliver two sessions, both of which will address the discoverability challenges facing the different players in the Canadian creative screen media industry.
Session 1: 10am – 90 minutes – Free of charge
Discoverability in Canadian Screen Media Funding:
Executive Briefing 2018
The morning session is aimed at senior industry professionals and will address the discoverability challenges facing industry stakeholders in 2018.
This high-level executive briefing will identify:
- ‘The billion-person audience you may be ignoring’ – the state of discoverability for screen media today
- Discoverability done right (a case study) / Why having a social media presence doesn’t equate to having a digital strategy
- Risk/benefits when choosing in-house versus external marketing teams
- Discoverability requirements of funding applications
- 5 Things you need to make your project discoverable in 2019
Who’s it for?
- All producers of screen-based TV, film, digital media, and interactive content
- Senior production executives
- Production managers
- Heads of marketing
- Content marketing managers
Session 2: 1pm – 3.5 hours – $49
Best Practices for Writing a Winning Audience Development Strategy
The afternoon session is essential for anyone responsible for discoverability and digital marketing strategies. Loaded with tools, tips and case studies this 3-hour workshop will show participants how to:
- Define and locate target audiences online
- Research and craft digital marketing strategies that satisfy the requirements of funding applications
- Choose the right metrics to measure discoverability
- Select the best digital tools to tackle discoverability
Who’s it for?
- Production company marketing professionals
- Production personnel responsible for funding applications
- Emerging and experienced creators
Creators who are ‘doer AND decision maker’
are welcome to attend both sessions.
Moyra Rodger, CEO Magnify Digital:
“The Discoverability in Canadian Screen Media Funding Tour is an exciting collaboration between key industry players that shows the willingness of funders to work with producers to help tackle the complex issue of discoverability.
We’re thrilled to launch this multi-city event that will highlight the relevance of discoverability in the Canadian creative screen media industry in 2018.”
To register, visit https://www.eventbrite.ca/o/magnify-discovery-labs-17778736050
For more information, please contact Owen Sweeney email@example.com – phone (604) 879 7770.
|Mon Oct 22||Victoria, BC||Parkside Hotel|
|Thurs Oct 25||Vancouver, BC||The Post|
|Mon Oct 29||Montreal, QC||Phi Centre (English)|
|Tues Oct 30||Montreal, QC||Phi Centre (French)|
|Wed Oct 31||Toronto, ON||Ontario Investment & Trade Centre|
|Thurs Nov 1||Toronto, ON||Ontario Investment & Trade Centre|
* Additional cities/date to be announced.
Magnify Digital is an internationally recognized marketing agency with a reputation for delivering best in class digital solutions and services.
Our forte is researching, crafting, and implementing high impact discoverability strategies that deliver measurable results. We work with media and production companies of all sizes, celebrity talent, arts organizations, financiers, funders and more.
The screen media industry is in our DNA. As a team, we bring a rich 25 year history of award winning television production experience to the table, along with a proven process for creating digital strategies that deliver measurable outcomes. Although based in Vancouver, Magnify Digital continues to make an impact on a global level, having previously driven results for clients in North America, Europe and the Middle East.